Why partner with us?

OXB is an innovative leading viral vector specialist – Lenti, AAV, Adeno and beyond - focused on delivering life changing therapies to patients. We are the partner of choice for viral vector development scale-up, analytics and GMP bioprocessing. With state-of-the-art capabilities and facilities in both the UK and US we are able to harness the experience of our experts and deliver high quality services.

World-class facilities

Oxford, UK

We have over 200,000 sq. ft. of manufacturing, laboratory and office space across six facilities. This includes:

  • 94,000 sq. ft. of manufacturing capabilities, with a further 20,000+ sq. ft. fallow and available for flexible expansion in the future
  • 32,000 sq. ft. of laboratory space, with planning permission granted to redevelop an existing site to provide next generation laboratory facilities
  • 7 GMP manufacturing suites operating next generation single-use 200L and 1000L bioreactors
  • 2 fill/finish suites
  • Warehouse and cold chain facilities 


Boston, US

Our facility near Boston, Massachusetts, US, has 91,000 sq. ft. covering full scope process development and GMP operations for Adeno-Associated Viruses (AAV).

The GMP suites operate three 500L bioreactors using a proprietary serum-free suspension process for early-stage clinical manufacturing via a proprietary ‘plug and play’ platform, the production process has proven scalability to 2000L in process development laboratories.

Oxford Biomedica owns an 80% share in Oxford Biomedica Solutions LLC, which operates the Boston Facility, with the remaining 20% share owned by Homology Medicines Inc.

Inside Oxbox
Inside Oxbox